Dienstag, September 12, 2006

Some Photos from the Stuttgart Summer School


Recently, I attended the GLOW & DGFS Summer School in Stuttgart. It was a great experience. Here is a picture from there. In the picture to the left you can see Ewa and me. She is a doctoral student from Wroclav in Poland. I will visit her in two weeks.

But, also on a more general level the summer school was a great experience. I had the opportunity to talk to some more advanced students in linguistics, which gave me much inspiration on which way I would take in the future. What was equally great, was the teachers. They really showed us their own current work, and discussed it with us. This way you get a real impression on what scientific work is like and how far you would still have to go, to become a scientific worker. Great! And, though I am still far away from that, the way is not as long, as I thought it would be :-)

And another picture is below. This is from the last evenening.

Some people even managed to set up a blog on their day-to-day experience at the summer school.

Keine Kommentare: